Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tallon's Latest Injury


It doesn't matter how many times Tallon falls, he always seems to land on his face. In his 1st and 2nd birthday pictures, he has a scabbed up nose. When he was 3, he ran headlong into a restaurant table, cutting his eye open. When he was 6, he ran into a laser tag gun while we were playing in the Tag Room at the Fun Park in Logan. He cut his eye open again. Now, at 7, he tripped on our rock retaining wall and fell face first, 5 feet to the gravel below. Of course, I was watching from the kitchen window, having a heart attack. He put on a brave face, my Tallon. He cried all of two minutes until he saw how upset I was. Then he stopped crying and tried to console me by hugging me around the waist and saying, "It's okay, Mom. It doesn't hurt that bad.". Ah, my good little man. What he lacks in grace, he makes up for in heart. After the shock had past, all he could worry about was if the neighbor kids saw him fall. He wouldn't let me take his picture that first night, so I had to wait until he was asleep. He finally realized the glory of a face wound at school the next day when he was the center of attention everywhere he went. That was a week ago and he is healing up nicely. He's a little disappointed that the scars aren't that noticeable. (Thanks to Mom's generous applications of Neosporin.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor guy! We will have to compare war wounds at the next family reunion! CUTE blog, I knew you had the Utah crafty in you :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! I would freak out too!

    ReplyDelete